The Center provides the entire volume of specialized orthopedic and trauma care for adults and children, including:
- congenital and acquired diseases of the bones skeleton and joints,
- treatment of patients with acute and complicated trauma,
- with spinal cord and spinal cord injuries,
- endoprosthesis and arthroscopy of large joints are performed.
The number of operations performed Annually in the RSPC IS about 5000 operations, including such high-tech operations as:
• osteosynthesis and correction of curvature of the spine in injuries and scoliosis;
• organ-preserving operations for benign tumors of any localization;
• multi-plane pelvic osteotomies ;
• minimally invasive osteosynthesis of pelvic bone fractures;
• primary and revision knee replacement;
• revision hip replacement.
More than 26 thousand patients are consulted. The success of the scientific and practical center is well known both in Belarus and abroad. Through active participation in the work of international organizations such as:
- EFORT (European Federation of national associations of orthopaedics and traumatology),
- SICOT (international Congress of orthopedists and traumatologists),
- ESSKA (European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy),
- AAOS (American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons).
- 8 scientific divisions
- There are 8 clinical departments with 340 trauma and orthopedic beds and 12 beds in the Department of anesthesiology and intensive care.
There are diagnostic divisions in the RSPC:
- Department of radiation Oncology,
- functional diagnostics,
- clinical and diagnostic laboratory,
- laboratory of clinical morphology and laboratory of clinical electrophysiology)
Staff: the Center employs about 700 employees, including 29 researchers, 67 doctors of clinical departments and more than 200 nurses. 75% of doctors and 67% of nurses have a qualification category. There are 11 doctors of science and 22 candidates of science working in scientific and practical divisions.
Employees of the Center constantly develop and implement new methods of diagnosis and treatment. Over the past few years alone, more than 50 patents for inventions and 10 utility model patents have been obtained.